About the IFPSM
Within this circle, about 250,000 Purchasing Professionals can be reached.
IFPSM facilitates the development and distribution of knowledge to elevate and advance the procurement profession, thus favorably impacting the standard of living of citizens worldwide through improved business practices.
The term procurement is taken to embrace purchasing, materials management, logistics, supply chain management and strategic sourcing.
IFPSM is a non-political, independent and non-profit oriented International Organization.
IFPSM is recognized as the international federation that facilitates the development and sharing of the practice of the purchasing and supply management profession, wherever it is practiced, through our network of member organizations.
To increase the ability of IFPSM's network of member organizations to be more effective in serving our members and the profession.
Our Core Values
Dedicated to the service of our member associations.
A conviction that ethics lies at the heart of the profession of purchasing and supply management.
Ready and willing to work in partnership with other organizations that share our objectives and core values.
Commitment to methods of working which are non-bureaucratic and respect the sovereignty of our member associations. Specifically:
- Not doing centrally those things which can be better done by member associations.
- Recognizing that IFPSM statements in fields such as ethics will normally be produced as models for member associations to use as a basis for their own standards and procedures.
Striving to build consensus and to resolve differences between us in a constructive manner, including:
- Maintaining a working environment that is conducive to member associations working together.
- Understanding that member associations may be at the same time allies, customers, suppliers, and competitors and that this may pose difficulties when one member association is working in the country of another. In such situations member associations are asked, as far as domestic and international law and regulations allow, to:
- Keep each other informed of their activities.
- Avoid criticism of a fellow member association in sales and marketing processes and materials.
- Professional Development
- Global Education and Training
- Membership Development
- Public Relation and Publications
- Certification Programmes
- Research Centers
- World Summits and Regional Conferences
- Federation Awards
Strategy 1 - Membership
To develop the IFPSM membership such that all member associations attain a level of eligibility of such a quality as to enhance the credibility of an internationally important profession and that growth of the Federation is proactively focused on appropriate opportunities around the world accordingly.
Strategy 2 – Standards
To develop and impact globally relevant standards that set an expectation of national performance in an international environment, with particular attention in the immediate future to the Global Standard for professional competence.
Strategy 3 – Networks
To utilise IFPSM resources to identify need and then to create networks, both internally and externally of IFPSM, that work towards the resolution of the identified needs, in both the public and private sectors, jointly and independently, and in line with the purpose of IFPSM.
Strategy 4 – Finance
To identify and develop revenue generating opportunities that enable financial sustainability beyond subscription income, respecting the IFPSM policy that the Federation does not compete with the commercial interests of its members.