IFPSM is pleased to announce a new partnership with Kogan Page, the leading independent global publisher of specialist professional books. Kogan Page publishes groundbreaking books on Supply Chain Management, Procurement, and Logistics from leading thinkers in the field from academia and industry.
This means more benefits for IFPSM members, including:
- Exclusive content from thought leaders in supply chain management and procurement
- Special member discounts on selected Kogan page books
You can find out more about Kogan Page here: http://www.koganpage.com/
Kogan Page is actively seeking to collaborate with more key figures in the industry and we encourage you to contact them with any suggestions on collaborative projects to create new opportunities for you and your business. Contact: Laura Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills Gap Analysis
IFPSM is pleased to announce a new partnership with SkillsGAP Analysis, the leading independent global provider of capability assessments.
The SkillsGAP Analysis platform, methodology and know-how is offered to organisations seeking a tailored assessment portal, content and reports. SkillsGAP Analysis (SGA) has carved a niche in providing assessments to the Procurement Profession. The platform was created to meet the ongoing request, received from Chief Procurement Officers across Australia, New Zealand, APAC, US and UK.
Frustrated with other solutions available, they wanted an easy-to-use tool to quickly assess their people against strategies and landscapes that seem to change frequently and rapidly. The requirement was that it needed to be:
- Scalable: Easily deployed to geographically dispersed workforces through an online secure interface.
- Usable: The user interface needed to be easy, intuitive, engaging and highly informative.
- Relevant: To assess skills and experience;; behaviours and attitudes and knowledge. (Since change often dictates the need for new skills or behaviours – it needs to be modified and regularly updated to conduct iterative assessments)
- Reliable: The structure of the assessments needed to bring together what you know with what you do, and how you act – with internal validations for individual and team capability.
- Meaningful: Assessing individual and team capability is one thing but being able to benchmark these against other organisations and visualise the results across the entire data set is another. Furthermore, an ability to align results to existing roles, future roles, and to measure gaps against what is expected of an individual in a role.
- Comprehensive: It needed to offer a range of different assessments for different roles – all accessible from the same platform.
Practical: Offer practical advice, insights and recommendations.
With these requirements understood, this is exactly what the team at SkillsGAP Analysis built!
Specialist SkillsGAP Analysis portals have since been launched for tailored environments and can be viewed as follows: www.criticalskillsboost.com; www.procurementpathways.com; www.sagov.skillsgapanalysis.com; http://delwp.skillsgapanalysis.com/; http://ronin.skillsgapanalysis.com/; https://skillsgapanalysis.com/Procurement-Australia. In addition, they were so passionate about Capability Data and Benchmarks, an acquisition of Purchasing Index was made to visualise, analyse and benchmark capability worldwide (along with spend analysis, opportunity analysis and cost benchmarking).